Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Luke!

We are pleased to announce the arrival of Luke Daniel Colson, my newest cousin (Ella's 2nd cousin), into the world! He is the 6th child in his family, so there is a small army that loves him already and that is very eager to help take care of him. He was born around 3 pm and weighed in at 6lb. 13 oz. and was 20 in. long, what a precious!! Ella LOVED him and she was so sweet! Here she is kissing him on his tiny head. What a big girl I have, I didn't know how grown she looks until I saw her next to Luke. Matt told me not to get any ideas while I was holding him, BUT IT'S SO HARD when you're holding one so new. It was bittersweet, holding him while remembering her at that time. It seems as if it were just yesterday.Ella wasn't threatened or the least bit jealous at my holding him, I was actually a little surprised, but very proud of her. Matt put her up in the chair, as she was beaming up at me with her eyes wide open in amazement, and she gently came toward him with her lips puckered. As you can see she just kissed him repeatedly and would pat him occasionally. She was in awe and for good reason! (Notice the bow!!)
Once she realized, that though he was wonderful, he still wasn't going to do much of anything else other than lay there, she got down. But she would periodically come back over and sniff of his head, she was still intrigued. She would, however, sniff him and call him "stinty" (stinky). She wasn't being rude or mean...anything that smells good or bad is stinty, just to clarify. Obviously, babies are the single most best smelling things in the world. And you better believe I got my share of sniffs as well. So, congratulations Juli, Scott, John Edward, Hannah, Patrick, Mia and Elissa!! And thank you Jesus for another wonderful and healthy blessing to our growing family!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Juli is such a champ! She deserves a gold medal or something!