Monday, October 20, 2008

"Jesus Loves Me"

The first time she sang this to me I was laying down with her to go to sleep. She looked at me and said, "Sing Jesus." To which I replied, "I want to hear you sing it." I didn't know that she really would do it! I didn't even know she knew all the words! You can imagine my surprise. When she finished I was simultaneously laughing and crying. I ran into the bathroom, where Matt was trying to get in the shower, and beckoned him to come into the bedroom...I can only imagine the terrible thoughts that ran through his head. When we got back there she did it again for him and we squealed and celebrated...so much for bedtime!

Yes, she did get jelly beans for singing this...I was afraid she wouldn't do it for the camera. However, when I took it out she smiled and said, "You gonna take my picture?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret said...

That is so sweet Abby! What a precious video to have!!

elizabeth said...

stop it! that is toooo precious.

Kate Brotherson said...

This is so precious. I love catching these moments on tape. they really are priceless. And..... Happy Birthday Ella Kate