Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ella's first movie...

Matt and I took Ella to see her first movie Saturday at the theatre. We saw Disney's, "UP" in 3D. What an experience it was. We had told her on Friday we were going to go and she couldn't stop talking about it the whole day. So, on Saturday afternoon we went. Bought tickets, loaded up with a huge bag of popcorn and drink and prissy with some Buncha Crunch and headed in to pick out our seats. Her eyes were WIDE open the whole way down the hall and into the theatre. The movie was very enjoyable...I cried (of course), Ella squealed, Matt laughed and baby boy bounced around to the noise-it was fun for the whole family. Being in 3D we had some rockin' glasses and Ella was slightly skeptical. I couldn't figure out why she kept taking them on and off repeatedly, I mean, this is a child that doesn't go outside without her sunglasses so I thought she would be better about that. After approximately 30 min. or so after she had given up and set hers in my lap I decided to try hers on just for kicks. OH! the smudges and fingerprints...you couldn't see ANYTHING out of those lenses least of all the screen through all those smudges! They were big and her little "button" nose couldn't completely hold them up so she kept having to put her chocolate-coated fingers up there to hold them on her face. No wonder she didn't like them. So, after a quiet giggle to myself, I gave her mine and handed her soiled pair to Matt. He looked through them, gave a laugh and began wiping. She was good about wearing them after that until the next time they got dirty and blurry. So, we played musical glasses through the entire movie, but at least we could all see through clean lenses! She was surprisingly quiet and content for the duration. It was a wonderful family date! I think Ella really enjoyed her first movie and we sure enjoyed watching her. She looked so little bitty and lost in that big seat by herself, but so big and grown up all at the same time!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun! I can't wait to take Sipsey to the movies. Y'all aren't as close to downtown as we are, but if you're ever in the neighborhood, the Alabama Theater has a summer movie series where they show older kid's movies at 2:00 on Saturdays. Y'all could do McWane Center and then go to a movie! I can't wait for Sipsey to be old enough for us to do that.

Lauren said...

And by "older kid's movies" I meant older movies for kids like Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, etc. Ben and I would go when I was pregnant to save some $$. They show movies for us old folks at 7.

Anonymous said...

how fun!!! i would have loved to see her in those glasses!!