I broke down, I had to, it was time. My mom and I took Ella July 2nd for her first hair cut. It was a bit emotional for me, but what isn't lately? Anyway, I put on my big girl panties and with tear-filled eyes made the appointment. She did a wonderful job and sat completely still. It was an extremely fun day with the girls and afterward we had strawberry cake at Edgar's and did a little shopping-what more could you ask for! Here are some pics from the big event...
Here we go...
The first cut.
Stillness at its finest...this never happens!
My "sweet princess", she was excited!

Getting some layers...
And a little off of the top...
All finished!!

She had sparkles sprayed in her hair and a glitter star on her cheek...DIVA!!!

Ella and her ever-so-talented stylist, Camille! She did a FANTASTIC job and I no longer have to worry about who cuts Ella's hair-I just hope she doesn't leave anytime soon!!

View from the back...

...and the front!

I can't end this post without mentioning the rest of the weekend as well. That night Matt's family came in town for the 4th. Matt, PaPa and Uncle Josh laid hardwood floors throughout our house minus the kitchen and bathrooms. Needless to say I was completely A-MAZED at the rather large amount of work they completed in such a small amount of time! It made such a drastic and wonderful change to the house and we appreciate them sacrificing their 4th to come and help us with this project before the baby arrives! MeMe, Ella and I basically spent the weekend shopping and running errands in a grand effort to stay out of the way. It was an extremely productive weekend!
4 comments:
First haircuts are HARD ~ especially for girls! Hope you're feeling well - we'll have 2 in no time! Can you believe it? Ahhh:-) I'm so not ready!
I love the haircut! I can't believe you went that long without one! Sipsey had hers at 15 months, but it was NECESSARY!
I'm sure Mary Selwyn will be almost 3 before she has her first one too.... the curls prolong it for sure. I'm glad! The back of her hair looks so pretty.
what a sweet haircut!!! she did such a good job...what a big girl.
Post a Comment