Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thanksgiving we wont forget

This is my grandmother. Today she went to live with the Lord. It was sudden and very unexpected...she was young and healthy so needless to say the shock is overwhelming. There is so much that I would like to say, but am afraid I simply can't muster up the courage to do it now. Though I am happy and can rest in the fact she is in a much better place I am sad for the rest of us that will miss her so much. I will say that if I had known that the last time I saw her would be THE LAST TIME I don't know what I would have done differently except for maybe hug her a little harder and a little longer! It most definitely was not the Thanksgiving we were hoping for, though we still have so much to be thankful for and so many blessings and praises to the Lord. That is Papa John sitting beside her...I fear he aches the most. He kissed her on the lips today after she was gone and said,"What am I going to do without you?" So, Lord I pray right now that you hold him in your arms tonight and for the days to come, give him the strength and comfort he needs to get through this and take care of his health, heart and spirit during this time. Please equip the rest of us to love and care for him and each other and give us the necessary words, actions and encouragement to give him what he needs as well. And, Lord, thank you for the time we had with Nana and for what she meant to us.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I am so sorry! Praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

oh abby! i am calling you in a little while. I am soooooo sorry. I just teared up reading this. call me if there is ANYTHING we can do. thinking and praying for you all. love you!

Lauren said...

Abby, I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for your sweet family and especially your Papa John.

Denise said...

Oh Abby I am so sorry! She was a sweet woman.....we will send lots of prayers your way!

Erin said...

i am so sorry for your loss abby! she looked so young & vivacious.. prayers to your family