Friday, August 12, 2011

God grant me the wisdom...

We were in the car coming home yesterday, Cale was asleep. Ella took full advantage of his quietness and the conversation went like this...

Ella: Mommy, what kind of lakes do mermaids live in?
Me: Well, baby, mermaids aren't real, but if they were they would live in oceans-like at the beach.
Ella: Why aren't mermaids real?
Me: Because God didn't make them real.
Ella: Why didn't he?
Me: I don't know you'll have to ask him one day.
Ella: Well, how old will I be?
Me: Hopefully, that will be a long time from now.
Ella: Why can't I ask him in my heart?
Me: Well, you can. That's a great idea, but you have to listen for the answer very carefully. Because He speaks very softly.
Ella: Why does he speak softly?
Me: Because He wants you to learn to pay attention and listen for Him.
Ella: OH! (grinning.)

Ella: Momma, does God eat and take baths?
Me: Do you like to eat and take baths?
Ella: Yes.
Me: Then, yes, God eats and take baths.
Ella: Well, what does Jesus do?
Me: He sits beside God.
Ella: That's it?
Me: No, heaven has lots of stuff to do.

OH! The questions! She fills my days with joy and challenges me in so many ways. I have to pray often for the wisdom to teach her and answer her questions...whatever they may be!

No comments: