Ella had Nursery Rhyme Day at her school on Friday. Each child chooses a rhyme, memorizes it, dresses up and then recites it. The families get to come watch and the parents bring a snack or treat that goes with their child's rhyme. It was such a fun day, we all enjoyed ourselves. I mean, what's not to like about a bunch of kindergarteners public speaking!! Ella chose Little Bo Peep, this was her poem:
Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep, and can’t tell where to find them;
Leave them alone, and they’ll come home, and bring their tails behind them.
Little Bo-Peep fell fast asleep, and dreamt she heard them bleating;
But when she awoke, she found it a joke, for still they all were fleeting.
Then up she took her little crook, Determined for to find them;
She found them indeed, but it made her heart bleed, for they’d left all their tails behind ‘em!
It happened one day, as Bo-Peep did stray unto a meadow hard by------
There she espied their tails, side by side, all hung on a tree to dry.
She heaved a sigh, and wiped her eye, and over the hillocks she raced;
And tried what she could, as a shepherdess should, That each tail should be properly placed.
 |
Little Bo Peep
|
 |
| Bo Peep and The Queen of Hearts |
 |
Ella's class
|
She did great, I was so proud of her! I'm amazed at her ability to be so comfortable in front of people. If you are wondering about the treat I took...I made lamb cupcakes. I don't have a picture, for the final product did NOT match the picture that was in my head and could only best be described as something you could find on craftfail.com!! I tried, they looked pretty pitiful, but I was told they tasted good. I'm not Martha, I don't do pinterest, baking is not my gift. I'm ok with that. We had fun doing it and I enjoyed seeing my little girl perform once again. Happy Nursery Rhyme Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment