Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Wonderful Gift...

Tomorrow Cale will be 4. The plan is to give him his bike when he wakes up. He'll ask me for a Popsicle for breakfast because he always does and tomorrow ill say yes...cause it's a special day. Tomorrow night I'll cook his favorite dinner and we'll open the rest of his gifts and sing, "Happy Birthday." I didn't know this until a long time after he was born, but he wasn't breathing when he came out...and didn't for awhile. They called in more nurses and another doctor, they were frantically working to draw that first breath. Tomorrow could have been a very different day for us. So, tonight I'm thanking The Lord (like I have a million times) for the wisdom He gave the doctors and nurses that day and that he gave Cale that first breath and for every one He has given him since! So thankful. And humbled. And blessed.

No comments: