Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Mad Hatter, but not!

I couldn't figure out at first why I was having so much trouble getting Ella to wear a bow, and why she would all but request a hat. I mean what's the difference? They both go on your head and actually a bow is much lighter and I would think much less noticeable. Then, my wise and most helpful mother brought it to my attention that I don't wear bows and Matt doesn't wear bows, so why would Ella want to wear a bow...but Matt wears a hat (most frequently I might add). And therefore, so does Ella. She loves modeling hats for us and we just wanted to share some of our most recent "hat" moments....Let me preface with this one. Ella was about six months old here and was beginning to learn how to put a hat on all by herself. This was clearly before our head was big enough to hold it up. But, War Eagle anyway!


...Now that fits a little better. This is one of Matt's baseball caps from when he played at Coker. Yes, she put it on all by herself. And she looks stunning if I do say so myself. ...we got this one for Christmas from Uncle Zach. Sure, she looks a bit like a Russian soldier, but it keeps our head warm and it feels nice!!
...Ella and daddy are going outside to walk around and collect some rocks for mommy, like we like to do. It's crazy all the places throughout the house you can now find them!! At least she's thinking of me.
...This is obviously one of those "freebie" hats. You can't tell from this view, but you could do some serious ironing on the bill of this hat it's so flat. I don't know where she found it, but she knew she wanted to wear it.
...I did manage to get her to wear this bow long enough to at least get a picture of it.
...And this is her handing it back to me!

4 comments:

The Wilbanks said...

Abby,
It is SO good to hear from you. Ella is beautiful. I had no idea you were in Birmingham. We are here as well my husband is the Children's Minister for a church in Trussville and I have been teaching at Oak Mountain Elementary... but next year I am going to be staying home with Cade. I am SOO excited about the chance. If you are home maybe we could get together some... I would love the advice of someone who has already been there! Have a great week.
Lindsay

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

Abby, hey its Laura Whitlark. I stumbled across your blog from a comment you posted on Lindsay's...and I am so glad I found it. Ella is precious - how exciting and fun children are! GLad to see yall are doing so well!

Lauren said...

Hey Abby! I'm so glad you have a blog. Ella is beautiful. I look forward to the day Sipsey is playing with fish, and I'm sure it won't be long! How weird that we both married fisheries boys. Ben says Hey to Matt! Maybe we can see y'all soon. It'd be fun to catch up!

Courtney said...

Abby, She is PRECIOUS!!!! So good to hear from you again! I didn't realize you guys were in Birmingham- we actually just moved back yesterday (crazy moving with a 9 week old!) & are living with my parents until we sell our house in Fairhope. I would love to see you guys- maybe before I start residency in June, I fear my schedule will be crazy then!