Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Better Late Than Never

I am officially admitting to being "off my blog game" the past couple of weeks. I can't seem to get anything posted in a timely fashion. Either a thousand things that are blog worthy happen all at the same time, or I can't find the time to sit down and get it posted OR both. ie-the baby deer and Jenny and Adam's wedding...same day! So, with that said, we had a fabulous time at the wedding last weekend. It was really the first time in awhile that Matt and I had the opportunity to get all "dolled" up and spend the evening alone together.The wedding was beautiful and we had a great time. We were surrounded by good friends, good food and good dancing. Matt was cracking me up as it had been even LONGER since we have danced and he was insistent that he had forgotten how. But, being Matt he didn't pass up the opportunity, I was so proud! I believe he said, and I quote, "I feel so awkward out here, I'm like a dad." Yes, but sometimes even dad's dance and I thought he did a great job. Jenny was beautiful, she looked so happy and I was so glad to share that special day with her.Some of my pledge sisters and friends from high school and college were there. It was great to see them and get to hang out and catch up for a little while. I'm so proud of these girls, they've all accomplished so much since we left Auburn.
My mom came in town to keep Ella for us, we were so thankful to have her here. She came bearing Disney princess pajamas, gowns and a VERY glamorous Tinkerbell dress. Ella was obviously extremely excited. They spent the night playing dressing up-changing outfits repeatedly, watching movies and cooking Ella's favorite meal - fettucine alfredo! I think they had as much fun as we did and for that I'm so thankful. Ella just stood in the kitchen and waved as we left...she was less than phased to see us go.
MeMe and PaPa were in town this past weekend. I'll post some pictures from that visit when I get them, so that is still to come...eventually I'll get caught up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abby,

you and Matt both looked great, and we loved you dancing!! i am so glad you were BOTH able to come. Thank-you for everything!!
love you!
jen