Friday, October 17, 2008

Fun in Nashville

Ella and I spent part of last week in Nashville. Courtney had Chloe in September and we finally had the chance to go visit them. It was wonderful to see them, we had a great time. Ella really loved Chloe and has constantly talked about the trip since our return. Allow me to introduce our god-daughter, Chloe Michelle Hanson, isn't she precious!?!




This is Ella "allowing" me to assist her in giving Chloe her bottle. I believe she's very nurturing for a toddler and I was so very proud of how unselfish she was when it came to the baby. It's not the first time she's surprised me! She kept pushing my hand away saying, "No, mama, I do it." And so she did.





Just loving on Chloe...It's a difficult task teaching a toddler the fine line between loving, squeezing and SQUEEZING a little much, but Chloe made it through the week unscathed...I think.





Speaking of nurturing she also wanted to make sure that the dogs were well fed. Here she is helping Bella or "Bedda" eat her dinner as well.




Ella really enjoyed bath time. It was fun pouring water on Chloe's feet, but sometimes it was more fun to climb up and down the stool.





Tuesday night Lisa, her husband Branson and their son Cal came over and had dinner with us. Cal is 4 months younger than Ella. It was so amazing seeing them together, we really enjoyed getting to spend some time with them.

This is Ella and Cal looking out the door at Bella. Notice Cal's hand on the door? Now notice Ella's expression...she's telling him he can't open the door to go outside. I don't know what we'd have done without "momma Ella". Later Cal was going to pick a coaster up off of a side table, but before touching it he turned around to "check" with Ella first. She said, "you're fine." It was the funniest thing. I was afraid he would be slightly irritated at her loving bossiness, but Lisa seemed to think he liked it.
Ella and Cal, so sweet! I think he is just the cutest thing. I couldn't get him to sit still long enough to get the "squeezes" that I wanted, but I did get a few to sustain me.
So did Ella... maybe this is why boys think girls have cooties! We keep trying to make them sit still and love us. Give a guy a break, all he wanted to do was run around and have a good time.


Here Ella has made herself at home in "Jock's" bed. I guess since it was small, she thought it was for her viewing pleasure. Jock is the Hanson's scottie dog that they've had for 16 years. Her actual name is Tia. Ella could only refer to her as Jock because of Lady and the Tramp. It was quite funny. She really thought the dog was from the movie.


It was a wonderful trip, we're so thankful to the Hanson's for all of their wonderful hospitality. We can't wait for our next trip and we hope Chloe can come visit us soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ella looks like she is going to be a great big sis! i think she is ready!

Margaret said...

I hear a hint hint in Jenny's comment! Ha ha!! Ella is so sweet and how adorable are her curls???