What a wonderful day! Matt went in late to work so when we woke up Ella opened her presents, he made us all breakfast and we spent the rest of the morning playing and just enjoying each other. Ella tried on her new princess gown right away and then wasted no time learning the in's and out's of her new kitchen. She loves to cook, always has. She's constantly playing with mama's pots, pans and utensils at some designated area in the house. I think she's excited to have a "real" place of her own now to prepare her masterpieces.

The funny thing was that later that afternoon as I was making our lunch, I peeped around the corner at her in her kitchen...she was opening her refrigerator door and taking out a cup that Matt had put some sweet tea in earlier that morning for her. She took several sips and then placed it carefully back in her fridge and closed the door. I can only imagine the array of surprises that I'll find opening that door!

She also got a very fabulous dress-up dress and slippers from Honey. She had to try that on as well. Isn't she amazing! She was funny in her fancy bell sleeves.

Her favorite was probably the slippers...she couldn't stop looking at them and yes, wore them around the house for the rest of the day regardless of how big they were.

Here's the close up:

Tonight we took her to Chuck E Cheese for dinner. She had a great time. We took her last year for her birthday and it was amazing the difference that just one year makes. We couldn't keep up with her!

There were two things she enjoyed most. The slide was the first one. After about two runs of assistance she quickly caught on and no longer needed us. She even waved and could look at other things as she came down. She would go up the stairs, through the window and down the slide repeatedly. We spent a good majority of our time here.

This was the second, the Chuck E Cheese car or as she referred to him, "Chuck E Bear." I don't know, maybe he was too big to be a mouse so bear was more realistic. She put the token in all by herself and when it was over she would hold her hand out and shout, "Mo money, please!" That's scary...at two and we already know how to ask for money!!

Eating pizza and watching the "show"

This is the best picture I could get. She LOVED Chuck E. She wasn't the least bit scared. She could spot him a mile away and would leave whatever ride or game to go and give him a hug. She wanted him to follow her around and couldn't understand why he wouldn't do what she was telling him to. I believe she thought he was there FOR HER!

Happy 2nd birthday, sweet girl! We love you so very much, you make every day so much fun and we are so blessed to have you. Thank you, Lord for our Ella bear, she's just the most precious gift.
2 comments:
what a great day!!! Happy BDAY ELLA!!
Happy Birthday Ella & MOMMY!! And can I please tell you how I loved your poem from your previous post? Way origional!!!!
Post a Comment