Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our 4th Anniversary!


Four years ago today was by far one of the best days of my life. Second to only the day Ella was born. Matt and I began our lives together on this day and it obviously holds such a very special place in my heart. Matt and I didn't date for long. In fact, I've only known him for 9 months longer than I've been married to him. We met in March (yes, for the FIRST time), were engaged in June and married in December...of the same year. I guess our relationship is a testament to the ever popular phrase, "when you know, you know." Or maybe it's just a testament to how miraculously our Lord works. When I think about the two months between the time that we met and the time that we got engaged it seems like such a short amount of time just rolling off of your lips, however, it seemed as though the Lord stopped time during that two months for us so we could know and learn about each other in the way He wanted us to. Matt prayed with me, about everything, but mostly about us from the beginning. And though we liked each other... a lot, we didn't want to do anything outside of the Lord's great will. I had never prayed with someone else in this way before. Until this point my relationship with my heavenly father was personal, except for with my family. And sadly, Matt was just about the only boy that I ever dated that said the blessing at dinner. Needless to say, my eyes were open from the start. It amazed me how different we were as people, but how perfect we were as a couple. By Easter, I was in love, but didn't dare say anything for fear it would "freak him out" and cause him to go running for the hills away from the nut job that wore her heart on her sleeves! So, he said it first and I followed suit. Crazy or not, at least we felt the same way. Every year I'm reminded of the work that the Lord did in our lives that year and every year I grow more thankful that He loved me so greatly that He would give me someone that was such a perfect fit. I prayed for Matt my whole life...so did my mother. And when it comes right down to it he's so much better than anybody I could have picked for myself. The Lord answered my deepest prayer when he put Matt in my life...he gave me everything I always wanted and even better the things I didn't know I wanted. So, Happy Anniversary, Matt! I love you with my whole heart, thank you for marrying me on this day!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

how beautiful! so happy for both of you. when you know, YOU KNOW!!! :) oh and i like your hair short like that - super cute.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! beautiful couple

Margaret said...

Happy Anniversary! You looked beautiful on your wedding day. Sweet post!

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't realize y'all got married so soon after Ben and I did! And I can't believe that it all happened so fast. Like you said, when you know, you know!

elizabeth said...

Our story is very similar to you and Matt's. Grant and I knew each other most of our lives, but were never close. We started dating in May and were engaged by August and married the next May. We definitely were one of those couples who just knew it was right and felt the Lord blessing our desires to move forward with things. Thanks for sharing!!!

Lauren said...

Where are y'all? Is everything ok? I miss your updates!