Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ella's Prayer

Every night at bed time we say our prayers. Ella says the "exact" same one every night and now does it completely on her own-it brings tears to my eyes every time she does it. She grabs my hand, closes her eyes and it goes like this:

"Thank you Lord for this day,
and for all my blessins.
And for mommy and daddy and my new baby brodda.
And for Ella.
And for Papa and MeMe and Josh.
And for Boppa and Honey and John and Zach.
And Sassy and Bruista.
And for Soso.
And for all my new baby. Amen."

Now, three things:
1. The order of the people changes, but everyone is ALWAYS included.
2. Baby brother gets a "shout-out" at the beginning and the end.
3. Sometimes at the very end she's thankful for something we did or something she got that day. i.e.-we've often given thanks for Chuck E Cheese and Bolt, to name a few!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Thats sweet. Mommy still says Mary Selwyn's prayers but she is great with Amen. Sometimes she says it at the end of a book too. Your pregnancy sounds like the exact opposite of mine this time. You sound like me when I was pregnant with Mary Selwyn....

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for chuck-e-cheese too. she is too sweet...can't wait to see her with baby brodda

The Dennis Family said...

Sweet Ella! That is precious Abby!! I cant wait to see how she takes care of that sweet baby brother!

stayputsocks said...

What a sweet prayer. I love that you posted it! Also.... CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you to have a boy.