The Lord is giving us a healthy baby BOY!!!!!!
We are extremely excited about this blessing we are about to have. Matt was so precious at the ultrasound this morning...he was grinning from ear to ear! As for Ella, she was really more impressed with the jelly the were putting on my belly than anything else. Matt's mom was able to be here with us as well, she cried the entire time. I'm glad she was here to experience the first pictures of her son's son. How special! Seeing him on the ultrasound was amazing as always. He is so completely opposite of Ella. She was chubby with puffy cheeks from the get go and his cheeks aren't quite so pronounced...yet! She was balled up and cuddly, he was stretched out and taking full advantage of the room he's been given. I always felt her move in generally the same area, he's all over the place. She moved all night and slept all day, he sleeps all night and moves all day-which for one will be a nice change. I felt great when I was pregnant with Ella, I spent 18 weeks with my head over the toilet with him. I'm a basket-case and cry uncontrollably this go round, I was slightly hormonal and emotional with Ella, but I felt halfway sane. I knew from the beginning this sweetness was a boy, but you never REALLY know until you know. I can hardly wait to see what he looks like and in what ways they'll resemble each other.
I don't know what I felt exactly looking at my son-besides exploding with love and gratitude I was teary and overwhelmed for sure. This is a first for us and I'm looking forward to taking on this new adventure with Matt and Ella. It's slightly scary for me, having a boy. Something about having to raise a man makes it hard to breathe. It's the most overwhelming feeling in the world right now to know I have to raise this baby boy into becoming a Godly man, the spiritual leader of his household and provider for his family. I've already asked the Lord SEVERAL times since just this morning, "Are you sure that I'm equipped with the knowledge to do this?" And, then he reminds me that He's here for me. And, then he reminds me that He gave me Matt, who's a wonderful father with a strong and faith-filled heart. Then, I can breathe a little easier! It's a big change going from pink to blue (or camo), but I feel reasonably sure that Ella will keep me in line. She's going to be a great big sister and no matter what hesitations I have about parenting so far, Ella's turned out really great up to this point, so, we must be doing something right. Besides, it was no accident that the Lord gave us this child. Either of them! And, if nothing else, it gives me strength just knowing that He has the faith in me to bless us again with another wonderful gift!!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
YIPPEE! Congrats:-) It's time to whip out the blue ~ how fun!!! Hope you are feeliing well...
I am SO excited for ya'll! What a blessing~a healthy, baby boy! I think that is just great that you'll get to experience BOTH a girl and boy! And I KNOW that you will be a wonderful mommy to a little boy too! Congrats!!!!
WAHOOO!!! Congratulations on the baby BOY!!! Boys are so fun - and well, you know girls are fun - and now you will have both!!! So excited for yall!!
Awwwww a boy! One of each is such a blessing! Y'all will parent this boy just as wonderfully as you have Ella. Congratulations!
YEAH!!!! SO excited to meet that cute little boy!!! so happy for you, matt and ella! love ya'll!!
Congrats. That is exciting.
What a blessing!!! I am so happy for you guys.
I am so excited for you!!!! Congrats!!!
i just gasped outloud!! lent was SOOOOOOOOOOOO long!!! i am so very excited for you but you are my GIRL mama friend! :) i think just bc ella is so girlie and you and so girlie and she is such a beautiful girlie girl!!! BUT, you are going to be an amazing boy mama. those boys, they do somethin to ya. i cant wait to watch it all unfold :)
love ya!!!
natalie
Post a Comment