Tuesday, September 22, 2009

POTTY TRAINED!!

We did it! Or, I guess I should say she did it! Ella is officially potty trained...what an accomplishment and what a relief. She has been "poop" trained since February, which in and of itself was wonderful. Until Cale, I hadn't changed a poopy diaper in six months. We were almost completely there in May, but after our trip to Mobile for a week being outside and swimming she digressed. Matt and I didn't pressure her much for several reasons. 1. The urologist said her bladder was just too small at that point to be able to hold it for any length of time anyway and 2. I was pregnant and tired and didn't have the energy or drive to carry her to and from the bathroom and put her on and off the toilet a million times a day, so we waited. After we brought Cale home from the hospital and Matt made his first trip to the store for not just one, but two boxes of diapers something had to give...it was time to get to business!

So, the next afternoon on his way home from work he stopped at the store and bought not one, but two packs of big girl panties. Ella was ecstatic. And, in lue of all the fuss over the baby this was just the perfect way for her to gain back some much needed attention and she ran with it. From that point, she has worn panties all day everyday. She is such a big girl and with the aid of her stool can go potty COMPLETELY on her own.

Matt took her to Toys 'R' Us to pick out ANYTHING that she wanted for tee teeing in the potty and this is what she picked...(that's the best picture she would allow me to get)



A $17 cat in a cheerleading outfit. He tried to talk her out of it and reiterate that she could have ANYTHING, but she was bent on that cat! Whatever makes you happy, sweet girl! The third week she refused to wear a pull-up at night, she just wasn't having it. So, she is completely and utterly diaper free. I'm so proud of her and she has only wet the bed one time in an entire month!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah ella!!!! that is great.....and what good timing!

Lauren said...

Congratulations Mommy and Daddy and Ella! You all deserve a big round of applause. I know that must be a big relief. We're just starting the training process in our house. I hope it goes well.

Wilson's Winners said...

yippee! we are starting a 3-day potty training boot camp the weekend after next - I hear ya on the double diabpers!! we'll see!!

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

way to go ella! i am not looking forward to potty training kate...i keep pushing it off for as long as i can!!!

The Dennis Family said...

Woo Hoo Ella!! Thats so great!! I know that is such a relief for everyone - and the cheerleader cat - that is the best!!