Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cale's dedication and Mother's Day

We had Cale dedicated this weekend on Mother's Day. Mine and Matt's families were here for the weekend and everyone else came in on Sunday for the service and then lunch at our house. It was a special day and we had a wonderful time visiting with everyone and celebrating such a special event and holiday.

Uncle Josh with the man of the hour before we left...he was SOOO sleepy!

Mommy and big sister.Uncle Zach and Ella.
Josh, Cale and MeMe
Our family.
My first Mother's Day as a "double mommy"!
Four generations of women (and Cale)
The reasons the day was so special! It's extremely hard getting a quality picture with two!!!
The cake
Papa John, Harriet, Honey and Gran having lunch.John, Zach, Carlie and Jesse having lunch on the porch...it was a beautiful day!!
Cale and his great grandfather.
Honey and Cale. My mom was such a lifesaver this week. She came down early to help with the kids and help me get everything ready around the house before the big event. There were even several times I got to go shop or run errands BY MYSELF, which was so nice and much easier! I couldn't have done it without her and I'm so very thankful for her...I love you, mom!!
Ella loving on Papa before he left.

This year I got my first homemade Mother's day card. Of course I cried and this is what it said...

"To Mommy,

Thank you for making me breakfast and changing my diaper. For kissing my boo boo to make it feel betta. For giving me your chicken sandwich even though you are hungry. Thank you for loving me like crazy. We love you very much!!

Ella, Cale and Daddy"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Abby! (Mom of 2!!) So glad it was a great day. you all look beautiful/handsome :)

Margaret said...

What a special mother's day! And a sweet, sweet card!

Lauren said...

What a beautiful family! That is the sweetest card ever! Ella is so sweet!

Katy said...

Hi Abby! Happy late mother's day!! YOu have such a gorgeous little family. Cale is soo big! And he is soo handsome, and as always little Ella is a little princess! Love the pictures. hoping to get to b'ham this summer sometime, and hope to see you soon.

katy