Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ella's 4th Birthday!

Yesterday was Ella's birthday! It was a good day and we had lots of fun. She woke up that morning and the first words out of her mouth were, "Am I four?" To which I replied, "Yes! You are." I sang Happy Birthday to her and Cale clapped. Then she wanted to know if she was still in the Lions class (the name of the class she is in at school.) I told her she was and could see the relief in her face. She then asked me if she looked bigger and I suppose I shouldn't have lied here, but I had no idea she was going to try on the things that were too big that she has been itching to wear and then come in the room disappointed and upset that "they're still too big!!" Oh, well, guess she called my bluff. It doesn't happen overnight baby, these things take time. When daddy got home from work she opened some presents...
Got ready to go to dinner at "The grape store", which to anyone else would be known as The Olive Garden, her favorite restaurant...
And, after dinner went to Build-A-Bear for the first time. She got to pick exactly what she wanted and dress it herself...we are now the proud owners of the most expensive and TACKY bear that you have ever seen! But, she loves it and the smile on her face was worth it all.

She named her "Bella", ironically it means "beauty." She had originally picked the leopard-print hello kitty pajamas, they were also nice. We talked her into these and sealed the deal with the bunny slippers.

My mom used to tell me the story of how I was born every year on my birthday and she would cry...I thought she was crazy. So, yesterday I tried telling the Ella the story of how she was born and yes, teared up as well. She looked at me like I was crazy...the tradition lives on!!

Happy 4th Birthday, Ella bear! We love you so much!! You are so much fun and sheer joy to watch grow. I'm so thankful to spend my days with you!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

What a fun day! I had Simms video out that we had made for her 1st bday and tried explaining each pic to her- um yes, I was bawling!

Anonymous said...

how fun!!! that is so sweet! Her bear is cute....and I can't believe that she is 4!!! I always wanted to go to the Grape store on my bday too!