Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Beauty Shop Massacre"

SO....Ella got some PRETEND beauty supplies for her birthday. You know hair dryer, scissors, curling iron, clips, brushes, etc. She's been "doing" hair long before she received these gifts. The other day she came in the room and said, "Mama, I cut Cale's hair." To which I replied, "ok." And went about my business. Fast forward a couple minutes later she comes in again, "Mama, I cut my hair." Again, "ok." Now, for the past couple weeks, even months this was just normal play. I didn't realize she wasn't pretending until she walked into the kitchen holding a HANDFUL. OF. CURLS!!! I quickly did the once over on both her and Cale...it wasn't pretty.



Cale's butchering...


You can see where it is over his ear on the right and how it sticks out over his ear on the left. Nice. You probably can't miss the gap in the middle and I couldn't get him still long enough to capture the sheer genius of the back, but she cut a nice chunk out of it as well...you can imagine!




Ella's creation on herself...

NO, it isn't tucked behind her shirt. The difference in length between the right and left was the ACTUAL difference in length. And, though I don't know how she did it, she also managed to get some of the back as well.



So, the next day we made a trip to the salon so that sweet Tonya could fix us...

VOILLA!!
Ella's is chin-length in the front, you can't really tell here cause it's pulled back. Shorter than I would have liked, but we had to get even!


My handsome boy...I was NOT ready for such a grown-up look!

I told her after the "dust had settled" that she knew better and that she was only supposed to use her scissors on her paper...ONLY ON PAPER. To which she replied, " I know mama, but I couldn't find any paper so I used Cale's hair."

"Forgive them for they know not what they do." Luke 23:34

4 comments:

Denise said...

I know I shouldn't laugh because my day is coming and with 2 girls it is sure to be disasterous. However, it is nice to know that you have an awesome hair dresser who turned the "Massacre" into a "Masterpiece" I think their new-do's look incredible. Luckily it is all just hair and will grow back.

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious!!!!! I am laughing out loud! I would have loved to been a fly on the wall when you walked in the room!

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

i am about to wet my pants i am laughing so hard! and then i want to cry because i just know this is going to be kate soon...she loves to "fix hair" too. i am hiding all the scissors!!

Erin said...

oh i laughed too but i can only imagine how horrified you were! their new haircuts look precious though.