Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just So I Can Remember...

My baby is almost TWO. And the only thought I have is how quickly time flies. She has changed so much and everything she does is precious in our eyes. Below I've listed some of her favorite or most common phrases, just so I can remember...


What’s your name? Edda Ootie means Ella Euten
Where do you live? Chessie, Adabada means Chelsea, Alabama
When’s your birthday? Octodo means October
How old are you going to be? TWO (with a squeal)
Can you say “hippopotamus?” Hiptopasa
-“I ludjew” means I love you and sometimes it's "I ludjew too much."
-“Watcha dewey?” means What are you doing?
-"Goo gain" means Do it again. And "louw" is short for lay down.
-Everything is still plural.
-She now knows how to fib, but is still extremely honest.
-Knows how to skip and count to ten.
-She still loves drawing mainly with a pen.
-“I pooty” means I’m pretty, usually as she rubs on her belly
-She loves “Aroll” Ariel and knows that Scuttle calls a fork a dinglehopper “dinglehoppa”
-She loves Lucky Charms and gets excited when she sees the commercial.
-Other than The Little Mermaid her favorite movie is Monsters Incs. (hence the plural), though she loves "hakuna matata" (The Lion King) and Cindereda (Cinderella)equally
-She loves t-shirts-any tshirt and shoes.
-She can feed herself with no assistance and holds her other hand underneath the fork to catch what falls off.
-She reminds us if we forget to say her prayers every night, but still fails to keep her eyes closed. If for some reason we leave anyone off the list of who we're thankful for she reminds us of them as well.
-If we ask her to say the blessing, she bows her head and says, "amen"
-"I wanna hold you" means she wants you to hold her.
-When she talks on the phone she holds it to her ear and walks around the room. She’ll talk about the toys, books, etc. that are laying around and say, “see” because she thinks that whoever she is talking to can see what she’s doing. She doesn’t like to say “I love you” on the phone because she’s about to have to say bye and she doesn’t want to give the phone away.
-When she talks to daddy on the phone she always says, "Hey Buddy!"
-She is constantly reminding him to "shave beard."
-She knows all the animals and their sounds, but she HATES crickets.
-She still loves dogs, all dogs with a passion.
-She could eat noodles all day, every day, for every meal. This includes spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccine, macaroni and cheese, ziti...you name it. She loves biscuits and the chunky chocolate chip Chips-A-Hoy which she refers to as "fat cookas".
-Jelly beans are still a cause for joy and milkshakes are not far behind.
-She loves presents from the grandparents and shakes the bag upside down to see if there is anything left.
-She has NO fear, except for the Halloween aisle at Wal-Mart and the dark (and crickets)!
-Before she falls asleep at night she turns to me, places her little hand on my cheek, gives me a kiss and says, " I ludjew mama." Then she closes her eyes and goes to sleep.
-She says "God bless you", when you sneeze and "scuse me" when she burps.
-She loves to sing and dance and has surprisingly good tone and rhythm! She walks around the house all day singing, kiss the girl la la la la la!
-Her laugh is contagious.
-If you're not paying attention to her she grabs you by the face with both hands so all attention is now on her.
-When she calls for Matt or me and we don't respond on the first try she resorts to calling us by "Abby" or "Matts".
-She calls the booth in a restaurant a “couch”. Because of the “couch” she no longer sits in a high chair when we go out to eat.
-Like a true Southern girl, she LOVES sweet tea.
-She’s extremely determined and gets easily frustrated when she can’t figure something out. She doesn’t want help until she realizes she just can’t do it herself.
-Sometimes when I look at her it’s like looking directly at Matt. They have a lot of the same expressions.

2 comments:

The Wilbanks said...

Abby,
That's so sweet. She seems like so much fun and I know you are wishing she would slow down a little bit. I would still love to get together sometime soon. Let me know what weekdays are good for you!
Lindsay

elizabeth said...

I loved this post Abby!
It is amazing how quickly they grow and change. I can't imagine David doing all those things in less than a year!
She is beautiful.
Happy Birthday Ella!
Hope you are doing well.