Thursday, September 24, 2009
Excuse me...
...while I have a brief motherly bragging rant!
We took Cale for his three-week check-up (2 weeks ago). Everything was great. My "little" man is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 90th for height...yes, HEIGHT!! I couldn't help but laugh. Ella hung out in the 25-50 range for both, always. The doctor said we might have a Michael Phelps on our hands. He's already outgrown his 0-3 month gowns, in length anyway, his little feet and legs hang out the bottom so they fit more like long shirts as opposed to gowns. I was concerned about his weight because compared to Ella he looks so skinny! She was made of rolls from top to bottom and he barely has any. I'm working on getting him "squishy", but I can't seem to fill him out just yet. He's a wonderful baby-laid back, easy, happy and extremely alert! He usually sleeps 5-6 hours during the night and can nurse both sides in 30-40 minutes, it took Ella that long to do one side. He doesn't waste any time when it comes to his meals! He LOVES a bath now that the cord has come off, but doesn't share that same enthusiasm for the lotioning. Little dude has huge hands and feet...I already had to exchange a pair of his booties for a 6 month size. He's been holding his head up since the day he was born and is so strong, but I knew that already from when I was pregnant with him. He has brought such joy to all of our lives in the past five weeks. He is such a sweet heart and CUDDLE BUG...I am SO in love with him! I've lost my heart again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
goodness! this reminds me exactly of bennett at that age - even the stats. bennett was a big boy - but he was so long and skinny for so long. and was quick with meals :)
Pure sweetness! I am so excited to meet our little boy!! I hope ya'll are doing great and congrats on Ella and potty training! Sissy did Bennett 2 weeks ago with that 3 day method. It worked now Simms is next!!
Hey There! Cale is so precious. I hope things are going well for you guys as a new family of 4. I may be coming to you for tips in December!! Also--I took our blog private without any notice obviously--and I was thinking how I know we read each other's blogs--let me know if you want me to add you to the reader's list. I don't have your email--mine is elizabethestess@gmail.com
HEIGHT!!!! that is so great!! He is soooo cute! I am so happy everything is going so well. you are such a good mom. I can't wait to see him Sunday!
You have a very precious family. I will expect at least one call when you go "home." Wait til I get there though. (:
Post a Comment